Subject: [bug#53319] [PATCH] gnu: Add n2n.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 12:36:24 +0100

Nicolas Goaziou schreef op vr 28-01-2022 om 11:10 [+0100]:
> > +         (add-before 'configure 'fix-configure
> > +           (lambda* (#:key inputs #:allow-other-keys)
> > +             (substitute* "configure"
> > +               (("/bin/sh") (which "sh"))))))
> 
> Instead of using `which', you can use `search-input-file':
> 
>   (("/bin/sh") (search-input-file inputs "/bin/sh"))  

'configure' is run during build, so for cross-compilation, a sh from
'native-inputs' shoud be used instead of 'inputs':

  (("/bin/sh") (search-input-file (or native-inputs inputs) "/bin/sh"))

or simpler:

  (("/bin/sh") (which "sh")) 

Also, this package definition packages version 2.8. Why not package
the latest version instead?  In the latest version, 'autogen.sh' does
not run "./configure" and hence 'move-configure' and 'fix-configure'
should not be necessary.

Also, looking at
<https://github.com/ntop/n2n/blob/472a9878f72299466ddbce2a232ea9e081159fa9/configure.seed#L94>,
it seems that n2n might not be bit-for-bit reproducible.

Greetings,
Maxime