Subject: bug#53316: 28.0.91; Missing Transient manual in Emacs

From: Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 22:46:39 +0100

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> Jonas Bernoulli wrote:
>
>> I've added the generated texi file not the org source because to export
>> that correctly my ox-texinfo+ package is required.
>
> I believe it is a bug for Emacs not to distribute the preferred form for
> modification.

Since ox-texinfo+.el has already been superseded by a better
implementation I don't think it should be added to Emacs.

And I don't think it makes sense to add the org file if some of the
code needed to produce the texi file are not available inside Emacs.
Eli would just have had to fix many more issues manually.

I would be in favor of moving the improved implementation from Org's
"main" branch to the branch that is synced with Emacs' "emacs-28"
branch, but as far as I know its too late for that because of the
feature freeze.