Subject: [bug#53311] [PATCH] gnu: kdenlive: Update to 21.12.1.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 13:03:13 +0100

Hi,

Vinicius Monego schreef op zo 16-01-2022 om 23:57 [+0000]:
> +    (synopsis "Non-linear video editor")
> +    (description "Kdenlive is an acronym for KDE Non-Linear Video Editor.
>  
>  Non-linear video editing is much more powerful than beginner's (linear)
>  editors, hence it requires a bit more organization before starting.  However,
>  it is not reserved to specialists and can be used for small personal
>  projects.")
> -      (license license:gpl2+))))
> +    (license license:gpl2+)))

Looking at ./data/resourceproviders/freesound.json and
./src/onlineresources/providermodel.cpp, kdenlive sometimes accesses
the network, possibly using TLS.  Because the Qt stack uses OpenSSL,
SSL_CERT_DIR or SSL_CERT_FILE would need to be added to
native-search-paths to make "guix shell --pure kdenlive nss-certs" work
(untested).

That seems to be a bug in the original package definition though.

Greetings,
Maxime.