Subject: Newly-added python-piexif fails to patch source due to CRLF(?)

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 23:44:46 +0100

Hullo Hartmut,

I'm strangely unable to build python-piexif:

patching file tests/s_test.py
Hunk #1 FAILED at 9 (different line endings).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 580 (different line endings).
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file 
tests/s_test.py.rej

Indeed:

$ file tests/s_test.py
tests/s_test.py: Python script, ASCII text executable, with CRLF 
line terminators

$ file python-piexif-fix-tests-with-pillow-7.2.pat>
python-piexif-fix-tests-with-pillow-7.2.patch: ASCII text

At least that's what I guess is the problem.

This is worrying since I'd expect all this to be 100% 
reproducible, and it seems to work fine for both you & Ludo'…

Kind regards,

T G-R