Subject: bug#5330: M-d broken in term.el [Was: Term mode in Cocoa does not respect NS-ALTERNATE-MODIFIER]

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:40:45 -0500

> It happens on Linux as well
> (For example, Emacs 23.1.91 bzr revision 99310)
>
> So M-d (delete-next-word) on term-mode does not work, even though term-mode
> is supposed to be emulating a terminal as it is.

Hi Stefan,

This bug started with your 2009-11-13 change to term.el:

2009-11-13  Stefan Monnier  <[email-masked]>

  * term.el (make-term, term-exec, term-sentinel, term-read-input-ring)
  (term-write-input-ring, term-check-source, term-start-output-log):
  (term-display-buffer-line, term-dynamic-list-completions):
  (term-ansi-make-term, serial-term):
  ...
  Use with-current-buffer.

Could you please fix it?  I'm not sure Ken Hori's patch is right,
because it affects for another part of term.el.  Better to find out how
your change broke term.el first.

Thanks.