Subject: Re: bug#53283: 28.0.91; TRAMP SSHFS method not known by default

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 18:59:50 +0100

Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Philipp,

> $ emacs -Q -batch -eval '(print (directory-files "/sshfs:localhost:/sys/"))'
> , Method ‘sshfs’ is not known.

> But it would be great if this could just work out of the box.

It works for me:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ emacs -Q -batch -eval '(print (directory-files "/sshfs:localhost:/sys/"))'

("." ".." "block" "bus" "class" "dev" "devices" "firmware" "fs" "hypervisor" "kernel" "module" "power")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

What happens, if you try the following:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ emacs -Q -batch -l tramp -eval '(print (mapcar (quote car) tramp-methods))'

("adb" "ftp" "sftp" "nextcloud" "mtp" "gdrive" "davs" "dav" "afp" "rclone" "fcp" "psftp" "pscp" "plinkx" "plink" "krlogin" "ksu" "doas" "sudo" "sg" "su" "nc" "telnet" "sshx" "ssh" "remsh" "rsh" "rsync" "scpx" "scp" "remcp" "rcp" "smb" "sshfs" "sudoedit")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In my case, you see the supported Tramp methods, including "sshfs".

Best regards, Michael.