Subject: bug#53281: 29.0.50; wishlist: eww should handle Referrer better

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 12:06:03 +0100

Currently eww handles Referrer inconsistently, I think?  (I haven't
actually looked at the code.)  I think it does send over Referrer when
doing normal clicks, but it doesn't do that when fetching images.

By default, eww should send over referrer on all requests -- if they
are "same site" requests.  (Some sites refuse to work if they don't get
the expected referrer.)  But eww should not (by default) do Referrer
when doing cross-site requests (for privacy reasons).

And there should be a way to customise this behaviour -- for instance,
to always send Referrer.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 66, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.31, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-01-15 built on xo
Repository revision: 7651f044e26d5139d7140e0c4fd052893ef422d7
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no