Subject: bug#53276: closed (Re: bug#53276: The blink-cursor-mode not work after startup on macOS)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 11:42:02 +0000

Your bug report

#53276: The blink-cursor-mode not work after startup on macOS

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
53276: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=53276
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#53276: The blink-cursor-mode not work after startup on macOS
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
Cc: Alan Third <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:41:22 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eason Huang <[email-masked]> writes:

> I upgrade my Emacs to latest commit, and it's working well now.
> Thanks for your great work.

Thanks, I'm closing this bug.

Subject: The blink-cursor-mode not work after startup on macOS
From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 12:41:27 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I found a problem when using Emacs 29 on macOS:

When Emacs is started at the first time, the blink-cursor-mode does
not work, and the focus needs to be switched to another
application, and then switching back again, it will work properly.

I tested with emacs -Q.
On other platforms (Linux, Windows) there is no such problem, It only
happened on macOS.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0, NS appkit-1894.60 Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H1615))
of 2022-01-14 built on Mac-1642119124451.local
Repository revision: d476fd33ece51f506644cec737490eda96daf46c
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.1

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns --with-modules
'--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-xwidgets --with-native-compilation
'CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/gcc/include -I/usr/local/opt/libgccjit/include
-O2' 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/11
-L/usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/11/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin19/11
-L/usr/local/opt/libgccjit/lib/gcc/11 -I/usr/local/opt/gcc/include
-I/usr/local/opt/libgccjit/include -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM XWIDGETS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date seq gv
subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal kqueue cocoa
ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 58007 8547)
(symbols 48 5602 0)
(strings 32 16385 1905)
(string-bytes 1 542461)
(vectors 16 12798)
(vector-slots 8 277048 11061)
(floats 8 21 39)
(intervals 56 338 0)
(buffers 992 11))