Subject: [bug#53257] [PATCH] gnu: foot: expose terminfo dirs via native-search-paths

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 23:34:15 +0100

Hi,

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This patch is about 'foot', so I tried running foot+nano, but that failed because
> I don't use wayland.  Anyway, there are a few options here:

An option we’ve used before, in fact to work around
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/22138>, is to define certain variables
globally; on Guix System, you’ll see this in /etc/profile:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
# Allow Hunspell-based applications (IceCat, LibreOffice, etc.) to
# find dictionaries.
export DICPATH=\
"$HOME/.guix-profile/share/hunspell\
:/run/current-system/profile/share/hunspell"

# Allow GStreamer-based applications to find plugins.
export GST_PLUGIN_PATH=\
"$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/gstreamer-1.0"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

We should probably do the same for ‘TERMINFO_DIRS’.

WDYT?

(Of course that that doesn’t help on foreign distros, but maybe
‘TERMINFO_DIRS’ is already set there?)

Thanks,
Ludo’.