Subject: [bug#53257] [PATCH] gnu: foot: expose terminfo dirs via native-search-paths

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 12:45:15 +0100

Florian schreef op vr 14-01-2022 om 22:52 [+0000]:
> Now what i don't understand is when I would set search-paths, but not
> native-search-paths --- as i said, in this example search-paths would
> make more sense to me, if I understood the two fields right. 

I don't see what this has to do with your example, since you aren't
cross-compiling.  There's only a difference between 'search-paths' and
'native-search-paths' when cross-compiling:

When a cross-compiler 'cross-gcc' and a native compiler 'gcc' are in
the native-inputs of some package, a C library 'x' is in the
native-inputs and a C library 'y' is in the (non-native) inputs, then:

 * The native-search-path LIBRARY_PATH of 'gcc' is set to:

       /gnu/store/[...]-x/include

   (the cross-compiled 'y' library is ignored!)

 * The (non-native) search-path CROSS_LIBRARY_PATH of 'cross-gcc' is
   set to:

      /gnu/store/[...]-y/include

   (the native (not cross-compiled) 'x' library is ignored!)

Packages that don't cross-compile anything usually only have
native-search-paths and AFAIK this works.

Greetings,
Maxime.