Subject: 28.0.50; kbd macro repeat twice when using (setq unread-command-events ...) &co

From: calcium <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 22:49:42 +0100

Steps to reproduce

eval :

(defun do-C-n ()
   (interactive)
   (setq unread-command-events
	(listify-key-sequence
	 (kbd "C-n")) ;; => '(14)
	))

then, go to line 1, type <F3>, M-x 'do-C-n', <F4>.
Notice you have landed at line 2. Return to line 1.
Do <F4>. The bug is that we are now at line 3, instead of line 2 ...

1
2
3

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12014000
System Description: Gentoo/Linux

Configured using:
  'configure
  CONFIG_SHELL=/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/bash
  SHELL=/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/bash
  --prefix=/gnu/store/d5rr33r0ilhqwfmf9sfk0nj24l54jba3-emacs-next-28.0.50-0.2ea3466
  --enable-fast-install --with-modules --with-cairo
  --disable-build-details'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER

Important settings:
   value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /home/user/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp:/gnu/store/d5rr33r0ilhqwfmf9sfk0nj24l54jba3-emacs-next-28.0.50-0.2ea3466/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp
   value of $LC_CTYPE: C.utf8
   value of $LC_TIME: en_DK.utf8
   value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date subr-x seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 45782 5678)
  (symbols 48 5970 1)
  (strings 32 15500 1457)
  (string-bytes 1 527131)
  (vectors 16 10712)
  (vector-slots 8 151630 9176)
  (floats 8 20 47)
  (intervals 56 271 0)
  (buffers 992 11))