Subject: 29.0.50; pgtk startup: flashes white background before painting black

From: John Yates <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 11:50:59 -0500

emacs -Q --eval '(set-background-color "#000000")'

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.30, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-01-12 built on envy
Repository revision: 492bf1e06edb4324a643ccb15dd6062762145f17
Repository branch: master
System Description: Ubuntu 21.10

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local/emacs
 '--program-transform-name=s/^ctags$/ctags.emacs/' --disable-year2038
 --disable-acl --with-modules --with-json --with-file-notification
 --with-native-compilation --with-xwidgets --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search seq gv byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date subr-x cl-loaddefs
cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 56373 12796)
 (symbols 48 5673 1)
 (strings 32 16368 1519)
 (string-bytes 1 536457)
 (vectors 16 11775)
 (vector-slots 8 264630 17626)
 (floats 8 25 40)
 (intervals 56 213 0)
 (buffers 992 10))

-- 
John Yates
505 Tremont St, #803
Boston, MA 02116