Subject: Re: [bug#53222] [PATCH] gnu: autokey fix paths.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 23:35:18 +0100

John Kehayias schreef op vr 14-01-2022 om 20:40 [+0000]:
> -          (add-after 'install 'wrap-autokey
> +                 (string-append "\"" (search-input-file inputs
> "bin/zenity") "\"")))
> +              (substitute* "autokey-shell"
> +                (("'ipython3'")
> +                 (string-append "'" (which "ipython3") "'"))
> +                (("'python3'")
> +                 (string-append "'" (which "python3") "'")))))

Wouldn't these also need to use use 'search-input-file'?
I think I've mentioned before why 'search-input-file' needs to be
used in these kind of contexts instead of 'which' (something with
cross-compilation), if not I can explain.

> [in propagated inputs]
> +           python-ipython
> +           wmctrl
> +           zenity

Do we need propagation here?  I don't quite see the need here
and propagation can cause trouble like profile conflcts during
partial upgrades (i.e. "guix install foo" after "guix pull"
without "guix package -u")

FWIW autokey is never used as library (except for autokey scripts
but I assume autokey scripts are interpreted in the same process
as autokey?) and wrap-program sets GUIX_PYTHONPATH so I think all
python libraries here could be depropagated?  Though that might
be getting out of scope of the original patch, so only if you want
to investigate.

Othderwise, the patch you attached LGTM.

Greetings,
Maxime.