Subject: bug#53211: closed (Fixed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 16:40:02 +0000

Your bug report

#53211: Python-matplotlib under aarch64 broken

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
53211: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=53211
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Fixed
From: Cayetano Santos <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 17:38:28 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Subject: Python-matplotlib under aarch64 broken
From: Cayetano Santos <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 16:43:14 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

  When I do a

    guix build python-matplotlib

  under aarch64 I get the error below during the testing phase.

  Note that

    guix describe -f channels

  gives

    (list (channel
        (name 'guix)
        (url "https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git")
        (branch "master")
        (commit
          "c7ef7a0f84bd19ef32e4cc5439ee4f332921eeb9")
        (introduction
          (make-channel-introduction
            "9edb3f66fd807b096b48283debdcddccfea34bad"
            (openpgp-fingerprint
              "BBB0 2DDF 2CEA F6A8 0D1D  E643 A2A0 6DF2 A33A 
              54FA")))))

Thanks,

C.

=================================== FAILURES 
===================================
_________________________ test_warn_big_data_best_loc 
__________________________

    def test_warn_big_data_best_loc():
        fig, ax = plt.subplots()
        fig.canvas.draw()  # So that we can call draw_artist 
        later.
        for idx in range(1000):
            ax.plot(np.arange(5000), label=idx)
        with rc_context({'legend.loc': 'best'}):
            legend = ax.legend()
        with pytest.warns(UserWarning) as records:
>           fig.draw_artist(legend)  # Don't bother drawing the 
>           lines -- it's slow.
E           Failed: DID NOT WARN. No warnings of type (<class 
'UserWarning'>,) was emitted. The list of emitted warnings is: [].

/gnu/store/fqlbc7ny3kf5hqwpq46wxnvf5223prxi-python-matplotlib-3.4.3/lib/python3.9/site-packages/matplotlib/tests/test_legend.py:677: 
Failed
=========================== short test summary info 
============================
FAILED test_legend.py::test_warn_big_data_best_loc - Failed: DID 
NOT WARN. No...
==== 1 failed, 4905 passed, 2293 skipped, 1 deselected, 9 xfailed 
in 53.61s ====
error: in phase 'check': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "python" arguments: 
 ("tests.py" "-v" "-m" "not network and not webagg") exit-status: 
 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f>
phase `check' failed after 54.4 seconds
command "python" "tests.py" "-v" "-m" "not network and not webagg" 
failed with status 1
builder for 
`/gnu/store/6mf4z42cdg64kpzzhx9a1sjps3vhirrb-python-matplotlib-3.4.3.drv' 
failed with exit code 1