Subject: Python-matplotlib under aarch64 broken

From: Cayetano Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 16:43:14 +0100

Hello,

  When I do a

    guix build python-matplotlib

  under aarch64 I get the error below during the testing phase.

  Note that

    guix describe -f channels

  gives

    (list (channel
        (name 'guix)
        (url "https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git")
        (branch "master")
        (commit
          "c7ef7a0f84bd19ef32e4cc5439ee4f332921eeb9")
        (introduction
          (make-channel-introduction
            "9edb3f66fd807b096b48283debdcddccfea34bad"
            (openpgp-fingerprint
              "BBB0 2DDF 2CEA F6A8 0D1D  E643 A2A0 6DF2 A33A 
              54FA")))))

Thanks,

C.

=================================== FAILURES 
===================================
_________________________ test_warn_big_data_best_loc 
__________________________

    def test_warn_big_data_best_loc():
        fig, ax = plt.subplots()
        fig.canvas.draw()  # So that we can call draw_artist 
        later.
        for idx in range(1000):
            ax.plot(np.arange(5000), label=idx)
        with rc_context({'legend.loc': 'best'}):
            legend = ax.legend()
        with pytest.warns(UserWarning) as records:
>           fig.draw_artist(legend)  # Don't bother drawing the 
>           lines -- it's slow.
E           Failed: DID NOT WARN. No warnings of type (<class 
'UserWarning'>,) was emitted. The list of emitted warnings is: [].

/gnu/store/fqlbc7ny3kf5hqwpq46wxnvf5223prxi-python-matplotlib-3.4.3/lib/python3.9/site-packages/matplotlib/tests/test_legend.py:677: 
Failed
=========================== short test summary info 
============================
FAILED test_legend.py::test_warn_big_data_best_loc - Failed: DID 
NOT WARN. No...
==== 1 failed, 4905 passed, 2293 skipped, 1 deselected, 9 xfailed 
in 53.61s ====
error: in phase 'check': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "python" arguments: 
 ("tests.py" "-v" "-m" "not network and not webagg") exit-status: 
 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f>
phase `check' failed after 54.4 seconds
command "python" "tests.py" "-v" "-m" "not network and not webagg" 
failed with status 1
builder for 
`/gnu/store/6mf4z42cdg64kpzzhx9a1sjps3vhirrb-python-matplotlib-3.4.3.drv' 
failed with exit code 1