Subject: bug#53207: 28.0.91; create-lockfiles nil breaks file change detection

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 11:53:55 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi everybody,

>> > Michael, could you please suggest a patch along these lines?  The
>> > changeset which moved userlock--ask-user-about-supersession-threat
>> > into Flock_file and put that under the create-lockfiles condition was
>> > your change to support locking remote files.
>>
>> Will do. How urgent is this? I'd rather work on it tomorow.
>
> Tomorrow is fine, thanks.

I've pushed ddba3c3dba to the emacs-28 branch. Tested with

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
# make -C test files-tests filelock-tests tramp-tests SELECTOR='"lock"'
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

for regression. I've tested also the recipe of the OP, it works now as
expected (like in Emacs 27.2).

The recipe of the OP does not work yet for remote files. I'll continue
to fix it, but this shouldn't stall the Emacs 28 release, because the
regression tests work also for them. I'll keep the bug open, until this
remote case has been fixed, too.

Feedback, whether it works as expected, most welcome.

Best regards, Michael.