Subject: 29.0.50; C-S-u shortcut fails with 'PGTK' enable

From: Campbell Barton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 15:56:03 +1100

With PGTK enabled (--with-pgtk) the following occurs:

- Press C-S-u
- Press a

The character 'a' is entered.

Without PGTK enabled, the following occurs:

- Press C-S-u
- Press a

The character 'aaaa' is entered 4x.

Note that PGTK seems to swallow this binding, since it's not possible to
check what the shortcut does by pressing:

C-H, K, C-S-u

Which reports without PGTK: (universal-argument)

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.31, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2022-01-12 built on austpc
Repository revision: 8555a3e1ed1d34cbaa172bde86eb3b11a1cd7940
Repository branch: master
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/opt/emacs --with-sound=no --disable-acl
 --with-file-notification=no --with-xpm --with-native-compilation
 --with-jpeg --with-tiff --with-gif --with-png --without-rsvg
 --without-lcms2 --without-libsystemd --without-gsettings
 --without-harfbuzz --without-m17n-flt --without-libotf --without-gpm
 --without-dbus --without-gsettings --without-gconf --without-selinux
 --without-gnutls --with-pgtk --without-makeinfo --without-libgmp
 --with-zlib --with-compress-install --with-threads
 --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-O3 -mtune=native -march=native -pipe
 -fomit-frame-pointer''

Configured features:
CAIRO FREETYPE GIF GLIB JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP PDUMPER
PGTK PNG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date seq gv
subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
pgtk multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 45508 6842)
 (symbols 48 5609 1)
 (strings 32 18557 3267)
 (string-bytes 1 622864)
 (vectors 16 10816)
 (vector-slots 8 157953 15748)
 (floats 8 25 28)
 (intervals 56 255 0)
 (buffers 992 11))