Subject: emacs-shroud propagates the wrong gnupg

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 15:46:09 +0200

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   רנשלפ םירפא
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted

Subject: emacs-shroud package appears to be out of date
From: Gary Johnson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 11:46:02 -0500
List-Id: <help-guix.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

During my recent `guix pull` + `guix package -u` adventure, the
emacs-shroud package barfed due to what looks like a hard-coded
reference to an older version of gnupg. I uninstalled it in order to
complete my upgrade. Of course, when I try to reinstall it now, I
continue to get the same version conflict error due to gnupg.

```
gjohnson@euclid ~ $ guix package -i emacs-shroud
The following package will be installed:
   emacs-shroud 1.105

guix package: error: profile contains conflicting entries for gnupg
guix package: error:   first entry: [email-masked] /gnu/store/0snfzd41n430ddpq316j9v2z5fn2y62m-gnupg-2.2.30
guix package: error:    ... propagated from [email-masked]
guix package: error:   second entry: [email-masked] /gnu/store/75122spwjdkxxgd32gkkil3n7ifax8i5-gnupg-2.2.32
guix package: error:    ... propagated from [email-masked]
hint: Try upgrading both `emacs-shroud' and `emacs-pinentry', or remove one of them from the profile.
```

Note, that while the above error message is complaining about
emacs-pinentry, it still barfs even if I remove emacs-pinentry and just
install gnupg directly since the current gnupg is 2.2.32.

Can whoever is maintaining the emacs-shroud package please update it to
[email-masked], so it can be installed again?

Thanks,
  Gary

-- 
GPG Key ID: 7BC158ED
Use `gpg --search-keys lambdatronic' to find me
Protect yourself from surveillance: https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org
=======================================================================
()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments

Why is HTML email a security nightmare? See https://useplaintext.email/

Please avoid sending me MS-Office attachments.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html