Subject: bug#53180: eog 40.3 build error: include file not found

From: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 21:09:51 +0000

raid5atemyhomework <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> > > Eog and Epiphany should be fixed with Guix at
>> > > f7afefba00b65e94d073af3af2278a076c89dbc1 or later.
>> >
>> > Ha, it seems I'm late to the party. Thanks Guillaume! Will check.
>>
>> Unfortunately it seems to still be broken for me?
>
> It works with `guix build eog`, but *not* with `guix system build configuration.scm` on my configuration.  Strange.
>
> I already tried a `guix gc` just in case of non-determinism but still the same --- `guix build eog` works, `guix system build configuration.scm` does not.
>
>
> Lemme try to trim down a small OS configuration that triggers this.
>
> Thanks
> raid5atemyhomework

Your "guix reconfigure" is failing because there are still some
dependencies of the gnome package that need to be fixed to work with the
newer libportal.
According to [1], at least gnome-todo, gnome-builder, nautilus and
gcolor3 have to be fixed.

[1] https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/38234?status=failed