Subject: bug#53172: 29.0.50; cannot use fcitx5 after upgrading emacs

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 12:43:49 +0100

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

> I tend to suspect this is an fcitx bug caused by some of the recent
> changes to XIM support on master (Emacs is essentially the last
> remaining XIM client that is actually used, along with WPS Office, so it
> doesn't get very good support from modern input method frameworks.)
>
> Please try launching Emacs with like below in turn, and tell with which
> options fcitx remains broken:
>
>   emacs -q -xrm 'Emacs.inputStyle: none'
>   emacs -q -xrm 'Emacs.inputStyle: offthespot'
>   emacs -q -xrm 'Emacs.inputStyle: overthespot'
>   emacs -q -xrm 'Emacs.inputStyle: root'
>   emacs -q -xrm 'Emacs.inputStyle: callback'

More information was requested, but no response was given within a
month, so I'm closing this bug report.  If the problem still exists,
please respond to this email and we'll reopen the bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no