Subject: bug#53167: texinfo: missing dependents

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 19:01:36 +0100

Hi,

Using Guix 3dcc74d, 'sed' and 'cat' are missing from 'texinfo'.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ builtin cd /tmp && tar -xf $(guix build hello -S) && builtin cd hello-2.10/doc

$ guix shell -C texinfo -- texi2dvi version.texi
/gnu/store/znif7k9ay6qfi35w3gxzrxgn0hyj9x9q-profile/bin/texi2dvi: line 36: sed: command not found
guix shell: error: texi2dvi: command not found
$ guix shell -C texinfo sed -- texi2dvi version.texi
/gnu/store/7qdrgbfsnkd0f35v2xhx0vjmy372qasc-profile/bin/texi2dvi: line 1866: cat: command not found
guix shell: error: texi2dvi: command not found

$ guix shell -C texinfo sed coreutils -- texi2dvi version.texi
You don't have a working TeX binary (tex) installed anywhere in
your PATH, and texi2dvi cannot proceed without one.  If you want to use
this script, you'll need to install TeX (if you don't have it) or change
your PATH or TEX environment variable (if you do).  See the --help
output for more details.

For information about obtaining TeX, please see http://tug.org/texlive,
or do a web search for TeX and your operating system or distro.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Moreover, 'texlive' seems also missing.

Well, I do not know if it is required to propagated 'texlive' with
'texinfo'; because for instance,

    guix shell -CD guix

would become larger.  However, propagate 'sed' and 'coreutils' with
'texinfo' seems reasonnable.  If not, what is the fix?

Cheers,
simon