Subject: Re: bug#53166: [PATCH] website: Announce Guix days!

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 12:58:03 +0100

Hi again!

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> skribis:

> +##### Until February 8: talks proposal
> +
> +Propose your talks by sending them to [email-masked]`.  Feel free to drop
> +in `#guix` on irc.freenode.net to discuss what you would like to talk about

Should be irc.libera.chat.

A couple of ideas occurred to me while biking this morning:

> +We welcome all kinds of topics from the community, especially your own experience
> +with Guix, your cool projects that involve Guix in some way, infrastructure around
> +guix (translations, continuous integration, ...), and any subject you feel
> +should be discussed during the conference.

What about adding something like:

  We particularly encourage people who consider themselves part of a
  group underrepresented in Guix and the broader free software movement
  to submit a talk; do not hesitate to get in touch with the organizers
  at [email-masked]` if unsure or if you would like guidance on how
  to prepare your talk.

  Please make sure your talk is accessible to a non-expert audience, for
  instance by explaining the general context before diving into
  technical descriptions, and by avoiding acronyms and jargon.

?

After the first sentence above, I also thought about that one:

  We accept talks in languages other than English provided English
  subtitles are included.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.