Subject: [bug#53166] [PATCH] website: Announce Guix days!

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 20:16:13 +0100

Howdy!

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> skribis:

>>>From b1ed3af5838b65293441f62e5d6447357be849b4 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 18:05:05 +0100
> Subject: [PATCH] website: Add conference announcement.
>
> * website/posts/online-guix-days-2022-announce-1.md: New file.
> * website/static/blog/img/Guix-Days-online-2022.png: New file.
> * website/apps/base/templates/theme.scm: Add announce banner.

Looks great to me, even more so with Luis’ artwork!  :-)

Minor issues:

> +++ b/website/posts/online-guix-days-2022-announce-1.md
> @@ -0,0 +1,126 @@
> +title: Announcing the second online Guix Days Conference

Remove “Conference”?

> +date: 2022-01-10 00:00
> +author: Guix Hackers
> +slug: online-guix-days-2022-announce-1

s/announce/announcement/ ?  (“announce” is a verb)

> +Talks will be released **before** the conference day, **watch them as soon
> +as possible**! And **no registration fee**.

s/And/And:/

> +##### Until February 8: talks proposal

“talk proposals”?

> +##### February 12-18: watch the talks

I know I’m a professional nitpicker, but I’d use en dash for date ranges
throughout, like this: 12–18.  :-)

Thank you the organization!

Ludo’.