Subject: bug#53160: closed (Re: bug#53160: 29.0.50; fcitx5 will freeze Emacs with pre-edited text enabled)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 04:35:02 +0000

Your bug report

#53160: 29.0.50; fcitx5 will freeze Emacs with pre-edited text enabled

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
53160: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=53160
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#53160: 29.0.50; fcitx5 will freeze Emacs with pre-edited text enabled
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 12:34:33 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eason said that the problem was resolved by changing the font used by
the fcitx pre-edit popup, so I'm closing this report, since it's a
problem with fcitx and not Emacs.

Subject: 29.0.50; fcitx5 will freeze Emacs with pre-edited text enabled
From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 21:49:41 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

With latest version of Emacs 29.0.50, @Po Lu implement a nice feature to
support showing pre-edited text of Fcitx5(A Chinese input method).

But when I enable this new feature, Fcitx5 will freeze Emacs sometimes.
Fcitx5 works well on gedit.

Can anyone help to fixed this issue?

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.31, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2022-01-10 built on lilydjwg
Repository revision: d5cf772cad1773f5e40f85c51199632721050f65
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings --with-sound=no --with-xwidgets
 --without-gpm '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XPM XWIDGETS
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx5
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date seq gv
subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 46456 9465)
 (symbols 48 5691 1)
 (strings 32 15696 1943)
 (string-bytes 1 505668)
 (vectors 16 11774)
 (vector-slots 8 163372 16707)
 (floats 8 21 52)
 (intervals 56 400 4)
 (buffers 992 11))