Subject: bug#53157: guix/ui.scm:203 requires guile-3.0.3

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 13:37:56 +0200

I'm using ./pre-inst-env on my powerpc-linux machine, using guile-3.0.2
as provided by Debian. When I try to run the following command:
./pre-inst-env guix build -L /path/to/repo -m /path/to/manifest.scm -n
I get the following error:

guix/ui.scm:230:13: error: default-optimization-level: unbound variable

It doesn't make sense to gate this with (target-ppc32?) since it's due
to the guile version. If I had configured within 'guix shell -D guix' I
would be using guile-3.0.7.

configure.ac checks for guile 3.0.

(ins)efraim@g4:~$ apt-cache policy guile-3.0
guile-3.0:
  Installed: 3.0.2-2be32
  Candidate: 3.0.2-2be32
  Version table:
 *** 3.0.2-2be32 500
        500 http://deb.debian.org/debian-ports sid/main powerpc Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   רנשלפ םירפא
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted