Subject: bug#53143: closed (Re: bug#53141: installer failed in mkfs.ext4 when installing to the same USB drive)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 16:45:03 +0000

Your bug report

#53141: installer failed in mkfs.ext4 when installing to the same USB drive

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
53141: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=53141
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#53141: installer failed in mkfs.ext4 when installing to the same USB drive
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: Dan Connolly <[email-masked]>
Cc: Christopher Webber <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 17:43:51 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The latest installer should hide the installation media in the device
selection list, preventing this kind of issues.

Closing,

Thanks,

Mathieu

Subject: installer failed in mkfs.ext4 when installing to the same USB drive
From: Dan Connolly <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Christopher Webber <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 07:27:17 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm installing from a USB thumb drive. I'd like to use the thumb drive as
the disk for the machine. The installer gave me the option to do so, but
then it crashed.

I can imagine that installing on the installation media is not supported.
Perhaps the installer should have prevented me from doing so?

p.e. Please excuse the use of an image of the text. I see "The backtrace is
displayed below. Please report it by email ..." and I the only option that
occurs to me is to take an image and send it from another computer.

-- 
Dan
https://www.madmode.com