Subject: [bug#53063] [PATCH wip-harden-installer 08/14] installer: Use run-command-in-installer in (gnu installer parted).

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2022 12:46:34 +0100

Hello Mathieu,

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maybe we could only display those "External command" pages when the
> command fails?

Seems like my mental checklist swiftly removed the "Update installer
tests" part.  I still like having every command the installer runs
displayed to me, but that's personal preference I reckon.  Maybe I could
look into making the tests simply confirm every single confirmation page?

> Another issue is that if any partitioning command fails, the installer
> keeps going. Maybe we should instead propose to abort the installation
> or restart the partitioning step?

Right, this patchset is still missing the switch to exceptions, along
with raising a condition on command error.  I will post a follow-up
patchset addressing these!  One thing though, is that &invoke-error is
not exported by (gnu build utils).  I think for now using @@ would be
the right solution to avoid a world rebuild.

-- 
Josselin Poiret