Subject: bug#53062: 29.0.50; Inserting charger causes keyboard event <dead-circumflex>

From: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 13:18:28 +0100

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> Actually, this only happens under ./configure --with-pgtk, not with
>>> ./configure, so my guess is that that variant picks up something it
>>> shouldn't
>
>> That's interesting.  Perhaps Po Lu has some input on how to debug this
>> strange issue; added to the CCs.
>
> Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
>
> Theodor, are you running under X or are you running under Wayland?
>

I'm running under X

> Also, can you please run Emacs with the environment variable GDK_DEBUG
> set to `events', unplug your charger, and show the GDK debug output?

I tried to reproduce this again, but now I only get a message telling me
it's not running under X when using --with-pgtk. clean configure works
fine. I use exwm.  I'll look into reproducing with the commit I reported
the bug with.

Side note: is it expected that exwm error when running --with-pgtk under
X? The only difference in setup is that option set or not. Exwm is run
with startx, so I assume we are in X.

Theo