Subject: bug#53062: 29.0.50; Inserting charger causes keyboard event <dead-circumflex>

From: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 22:48:53 +0100

So, I noticed that everytime I insert my charger the echo area echos
"dead-circumflex-".  Obviously I:

(global-set-key (kbd "<dead-circumflex>") 'save-buffers-kill-emacs)

Now everytime I insert my laptop charger emacs is killed.

Is this expected?  I pulled and built emacs from source just now, and
still get that behavior.

Happy new year,
Theodor Thornhill

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.31, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2022-01-06 built on theo
Repository revision: 7945d86829d89066f082f0086047fae34cf932f1
Repository branch: master
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  corfu-global-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  mct-minibuffer-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils text-property-search
cursor-sensor vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher cl-extra cl-seq yasnippet
help-mode corfu mct modus-vivendi-theme seq subr-x byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv modus-themes cl-macs gv pcase paredit edmacro kmacro
cl-loaddefs cl-lib easy-mmode rot13 disp-table minibuf-eldef winner ring
elec-pair info sly-autoloads iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 167044 188844)
 (symbols 48 11888 24)
 (strings 32 28630 9965)
 (string-bytes 1 973233)
 (vectors 16 16031)
 (vector-slots 8 206286 136148)
 (floats 8 223 1712)
 (intervals 56 3118 270)
 (buffers 992 13))