Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: Add gpu-switch.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2022 11:45:54 +0100

[Re-adding debbugs to CC]

Jorge Acereda schreef op vr 07-01-2022 om 02:02 [+0100]:
> [...]
> > 
> > /sys/firmware/efi/efivars is rather Linux-specific, presumably
> > non-existent on the hurd, so the hurd systems need to be removed from
> > supported-systems.
> 
> Would it be better in linux.scm instead?

While it currently is Linux-specific, in principle it could be ported
to the Hurd, a BSD or Windows or whatever -- in fact, looking at
https://github.com/0xbb/gpu-switch, it appears to support ‘osx’ and
Windows.

linux.scm is more for Linux kernel modules, the Linux kernel, userspace
bindings to kernel syscalls ...

There probably are a few misplaced packages in linux.scm.

Greetings,
Maxime