Subject: bug#5303: 23.1.91; Cannot load .emacs-history from savehist.el

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:56:27 +0100

Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> C:/the-file.el is a ``magic'' file, i.e. it has a file handler.  But
>>> this happens in a recursive call to `load', the one where, as Michael
>>> says:
>>>
>>>> the last action I can see is disabling Tramp' file name completion
>>>> handler, and calling `load', again.
>>>
>>> It looks like disabling Tramp's file name completion handler does not
>>> prevent `openp' from thinking that C:/the-file.el has a handler.
>>
>> Tramp inhibits the file name handler of `load'. `openp' checks for a
>> file name handler of `file-exists-p', which is not inhibited.
>
> But how is tramp-completion-file-name-handler involved there?

Still the same game. "C:/the-file.el" matches its regexp in
file-name-handler-alist'.

Best regards, Michael.