Subject: bug#5303: 23.1.91; Cannot load .emacs-history from savehist.el

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:41:55 +0100

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > maybe this is the right time to try to fix it?
>> 
>> Not during 23.2 pretest.
>
> Dunno if you are speaking only of a _particular_ fix proposal or generally.

I'm speaking about dropping the volume letter in Tramp. This is NOT a
bug; Tramp behaves correct according to the spec. It handles
`inhibit-file-name-operation' as it should.

> Obviously, speaking generally, this needs to be fixed before the 23.2 release,
> since it is a _regression_. The problem never manifested itself previously
> (Emacs 20 through 23.1 release), even if, as some have suggested, 23.1 perhaps
> dodged a bullet.

On my colleague's PC, I could reproduce the problem with

GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-01-15 on LENNART-69DE564

It doesn't seem to be a regression wrt Emacs 23.1, at least.

Best regards, Michael.