Subject: [bug#53020] [PATCH] gnu: racket: Backport fix for .desktop files.

From: Philip McGrath <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 09:49:30 -0500

Hi,

On 1/5/22 06:26, Malte Gerdes wrote:
> It builds with
> 
> ```
> guix build --with-git-url=racket=https://github.com/racket/racket 
> <https://github.com/racket/racket> --with-branch=racket-minimal=master 
> --with-git-url=racket-minimal=https://github.com/racket/racket 
> <https://github.com/racket/racket> --with-branch=racket=master package
> ```
> Where package is racket and racket-minimal respectively.
> 
> 
> Neither `/gnu/store/11y27mj1z7mhljw2w3ni7lp2w0a1zhfr-racket-git.master` 
> nor 
> /gnu/store/gfbyzj9b13kzi438cjfv43hij4zhh2sh-racket-minimal-git.master 
> have .desktop files in their directory hierarchy. (I might be doing it 
> wrong though)
> 

That transformation isn't quite enough: it misses the change to 
'extend-layer' in gnu/packages/racket.scm to set the new 
config-tethered-apps-dir key in the built etc/racket/config.rktd (for 
the 'racket' package). (Just in case this is confusing, the fix is to 
'racket-minimal' and 'extend-layer', but the .desktop files show up in 
the fixed version of 'racket'.)

I don't think there's a convenient way to express the change to 
'extend-layer' as a command-line option, which is one reason I sent this 
patch.

-Philip