Subject: Re: bug#53015: [PATCH 0/4] Add mangohud (update dear-imgui)

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 12:31:16 -0500

Hi John,

John Kehayias <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> Any thoughts on the imgui details? For me, I'd go for keeping both
> current (old) dear-imgui as hidden for ogre, adding the one I have
> here (hidden too? though useful Debian additions in the build) for
> mangohud, and consolidating to one up to date version once everything
> can use that. We could use the imgui you added for that, or wait for
> the more complete Debian build files we are using for dear-imgui right
> now (the pkg-config, for instance, is helpful).

I sorted out the imgui vs dear-imgui mess I had created yesterday by
upgrading our 'ogre' package to its latest version and using imgui 1.86
for it (it wouldn't work with 1.87).

So now we have [email-masked] and [email-masked] available.  I suggest you try
one of these and if it fails you can try adding yet another public
version for it.

I've looked at the pciutils issue; it seems suboptimal that pciutils
support having the database compressed yet doesn't provide an easy API
to look things from it (or perhaps it does and this is what mangohud
should use?  to be investigated).

I'll try to have a look later into pciutils and whether it offers some
kind of API that users of the DB should use instead of manually parsing
their way through :-).

Thanks,

Maxim