Subject: 29.0.50; mailcap does not use mailcap-mime-data if no mailcap files exist

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 17:03:50 +0100 (CET)

If none of the default mailcap files used by `mailcap-parse-mailcaps'
exist in the system, as in my case, `file-has-changed-p' returns nil
every time so `mailcap--computed-mime-data' never gets populated with
the values from `mailcap-parse-mailcaps'.  I have to manually evaluate
the `cl-loop' form.

This problem did not exist in da67e888d5360297cdf20cd3d2a1148727d16e5a
where the `file-has-changed-p' call is not present.  Emacs 28 also does
not have this problem.

Regards.
In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars)
Repository revision: 4b7e73432cd07612e5225189e18696f755c8f954
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: NixOS 21.11 (Porcupine)

Configured using:
'configure
--prefix=/nix/store/rsgfliii3k06j8i77zn295yp87qbq0yr-emacs-git-20211221.0
--disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=lucid
--with-xft --with-cairo --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /nix/store/x6fjznfj7wks7nvs6xgsk1q4fcd5rjrw-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp:
  value of $EMACSNATIVELOADPATH: /nix/store/x6fjznfj7wks7nvs6xgsk1q4fcd5rjrw-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/native-lisp::
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/nix/store/rsgfliii3k06j8i77zn295yp87qbq0yr-emacs-git-20211221.0/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-compat hides /nix/store/rsgfliii3k06j8i77zn295yp87qbq0yr-emacs-git-20211221.0/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/obsolete/eieio-compat

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail mail-utils time-date cl-macs
seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailcap cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 62226 4604)
(symbols 48 5893 0)
(strings 32 17969 1840)
(string-bytes 1 621596)
(vectors 16 13280)
(vector-slots 8 278596 7246)
(floats 8 23 23)
(intervals 56 371 0)
(buffers 992 11))