Subject: bug#53005: cryptsetup-static aborts opening LUKS2 volume with Argon2i PBKDF

From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 18:34:25 -0500

Here's a patch that fixes this problem by modifying the glibc package so the
"__pthread_key_create" symbol in its pthread library is preserved, as opposed
to being stripped off as it is today.

This tests fine for me on both AArch64 and x86-64: Stepping through the code
in gdb I can see libgcc's __gthread_active_p() is now returning true, and both
cryptsetup tools now open a LUKS2 volume without issue.  So far nothing else
seems to be affected.

This is the smallest and least-intrusive fix I can think of though I expect it
will still result in a large number of packages being rebuilt.

--
Simon South
[email-masked]

Simon South (1):
  gnu: glibc: Preserve "__pthread_key_create" symbol.

 gnu/packages/base.scm | 10 ++++++++++
 1 file changed, 10 insertions(+)

base-commit: e2d8125a5c6d4338749e6bf8882f220395b25275
-- 
2.34.0