Subject: bug#53001: 29.0.50; xwidget-webkit: no mouseover text on pgtk

From: Akira Kyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 23:16:34 -0700

On Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 10:44 PM Po Lu <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> By "mouseover text" you mean tooltips, correct?  Are you running Emacs
> in Wayland or are you running it in Xwayland?
>

I think different people refer to them differently, so I think some do
call them tooltips. Concretely what I mean here is when the mouse
hovers over an html <img> tag with the title field set, there should
be a box that pops up next to the mouse with the value of that field
set. So hovering the mouse over <img src='img.png' title="value">
would display "value".

This issue is only on emacs --with-pgt. The mousover text works
correctly in emacs --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 under xwayland.

> > Is this something to be concerned about?
>
> No, it's not.  It should be fixed once the JSC developers deliver on
> their promise to provide an API to change the GC signal.
>

Great, thanks!