Subject: bug#53000: How to reclaim space when no space is available?

From: Jeffrey Walton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 23:12:12 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I've run out of disk space. I'm trying to run 'guix gc' but it seems
to need disk space to perform the garbage collection.

$ sudo guix gc
finding garbage collector roots...
note: can't create trash directory: creating directory
`/gnu/store/trash': No space left on device
deleting garbage...
...
error (ignored): aborting transaction: cannot rollback - no
transaction is active
guix gc: error: committing transaction: database or disk is full

Does anyone know how to delete all old packages and artifacts without
the need for some free disk space?

I don't need old stuff. I use the VM to test builds and run self tests
of some packages I am responsible for. I don't need the extra bells
and whistles.

Jeff