Subject: bug#5300: su command does not elevate user privilege to root when run inside term/ansi-term mode

From: Praveen A <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:27:06 +0530

2010/1/14 Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>:
> So, it seems to work fine, but when the shell finishes initializing it
> logs out? Is there anything odd going on in your shell configuration
> files (bashrc, profile, etc?)
>

All the configurations are default ones. Moreover both su and ssh are
working with gnome-terminal. I tried these commands in trunk compiled
emacs and packaged emacs both on fedora 12 and debian squeeze/testing,
it is failing every where.

I will try if the same problem is there on my colleagues' systems tomorrow.

-- 
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
<GPLv2> I know my rights; I want my phone call!
<DRM> What use is a phone call, if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)
Join The DRM Elimination Crew Now!
http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-DRM-Campaign