Subject: Re: custom-reevaluate-setting / custom-initialize-delay

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 00:11:37 -0500

[ Bringing this back to #5299 where it belongs ]

>> > Drew, does the problem in #5299 go away for you if you set
>> > send-mail-function to mailclient-send-it?
>> 
>> It's message-send-mail-function (the variable) that one needs to set
>> nowadays.
>> 
>> The function message-send-mail-function may also need some adjustment
>> for Windows and Macs to prefer mailclient more strongly than it
>> currently does.

> OK, I tried that too:
> (setq message-send-mail-function 'mailclient-send-it)

> Same thing:

> shell-command-to-string: Searching for program: no such file or directory,
> /bin/bash

Can you get a backtrace of that? [with (setq debug-on-error t) and if
that doesn't work with additionally (setq debug-ignored-errors nil) and/or
maybe even (setq debug-on-signal t)]

Also, can you explain why "bash" shows up here?  Do you have the envvar
SHELL set to "/bin/bash" somehow?

        Stefan