Subject: bug#52973: Adding a few context-menu-mode commands

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 08:54:39 +0200

> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 22:57:29 +0200
> 
> > I agree, but is that a real danger?  How much context that gets into
> > context menu can there be for a single spot in a buffer?
> 
> I've never seen a context menu longer than about 10 items with short submenus.

So then this is not a real problem, and we shouldn't be worried about
it, right?

> > And if indeed there's a lot of useful context, we should produce
> > multi-level context menus, like we do with buffer-menu.
> >
> > Once again: this feature makes no sense whatsoever if turning on the
> > context-menu-mode doesn't activate the context menus.
> 
> More context functions have the same discoverability
> as all user options with multiple choices.

I don't see what discoverability has to do with this.  The issue is
not discoverability, the issue is to show reasonably useful context
menus when the user turns on context-menu-mode and right-clicks some
part of the Emacs display.  Telling the user to do more customizations
_after_ turning on context-menu-mode makes little sense to me.