Subject: bug#52973: Adding a few context-menu-mode commands

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 20:14:26 +0000

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> However, mouse-online-search-at-point looks out of place in mouse.el.
>>> Since it relies on eww, wouldn't the right place for it be in eww.el?
>>
>> It doesn't really depend on eww in any substantial way, rather eww is
>> the only place where a search engine is defined.  What I was thinking
>> about was adding a command like online-search (that could then have both
>> a keyboard and mouse-oriented command), a online-search-engine
>> user option.
>
> Maybe then a better place to add new functions would be in
> lisp/net/webjump.el.  webjump is a package created exactly
> for this purpose.  Then new functions could share the same
> prefix webjump-.

I didn't know about webjump, thank you for the hint.  My only fear is
that the prefix would make the functionality harder to discover.

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic