Subject: Re: bug#52973: Adding a few context-menu-mode commands

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 20:08:03 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
>> Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 19:46:31 +0200
>> 
>> > But in any case, we need to do this soon, because adding functions
>> > that are not used unless the user plays with hooks is not clean,
>> > definitely not for a feature such as this one, because it's supposed
>> > to be very easy, ideally seamless, to activate.  Otherwise it would be
>> > against the raisons d'être of the feature.
>> 
>> The main customization point is
>> 
>>   'M-x customize-variable RET context-menu-functions'
>> 
>> that will provide more choices with the help of
>> 'custom-add-repeat-choice'.
>
> I think once the user turns on context-menu-mode, all the modes that
> defined their context menus should automatically activate them.  There
> should be no need for any user customizations except turning on this
> mode.

I would disagree, neither do I necessarily want all mode, nor do I
necessarily want to have the entries listed the default order.  In my
case I fix this by manually setting context-menu-functions to the
functions I want to use.

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic