Subject: bug#52973: Adding a few context-menu-mode commands

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 12:06:04 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Maybe one should not only configure a general search engine, but a
>> search engine depending on a context.  Sometimes you might want to use a
>> specialised search engine (e.g. hoogle when working on Haskell), and
>> that should be automatically detected as the default.  In the same way,
>> if EWW would be using a special "context" to designate that it wants a
>> JS-free search engine (HTML DuckDuckGo).
>
> Sure, sounds good (but it's not immediately obvious to me how the user
> (and packages) would specify these contexts)...

I would suggest a variable like `webjump-search-context' that could be
locally bound in cases like eww or set as a buffer local variable for
things like haskell-mode.

The structure and contents of such a variable are another question that
I will try to experiment with once I have the time to do s.

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic