Subject: bug#52973: Adding a few context-menu-mode commands

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 22:04:50 +0200

>>>>> As the "default search engine" is a new option, changing the default to
>>>>> HTML DuckDuckGo should be fine.  I personally use it as by default
>>>>> search engine, but don't know how popular or unpopular it is.
>>>>>
>>>>> Adding the default DDG (and perhaps the lite version as well) as
>>>>> alternatives seems sensible too.
>>>>
>>>> The default DDG version has more features than the HTML one, so I think
>>>> that's what most people would prefer...
>>>
>>> Maybe one should not only configure a general search engine, but a
>>> search engine depending on a context.  Sometimes you might want to use a
>>> specialised search engine (e.g. hoogle when working on Haskell), and
>>> that should be automatically detected as the default.  In the same way,
>>> if EWW would be using a special "context" to designate that it wants a
>>> JS-free search engine (HTML DuckDuckGo).
>>
>> This makes sense as well with e.g. webjump-context-search-engine.
>
> I am not sure what you mean by webjump-context-search-engine.  Should it
> be a separate command or a user option?

Probably a user option, since you already named the function
webjump-search-context-menu.  Then maybe a better option name would be
webjump-context-menu-default-search?