Subject: bug#52973: Adding a few context-menu-mode commands

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 19:49:12 +0000

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>> As the "default search engine" is a new option, changing the default to
>>>> HTML DuckDuckGo should be fine.  I personally use it as by default
>>>> search engine, but don't know how popular or unpopular it is.
>>>>
>>>> Adding the default DDG (and perhaps the lite version as well) as
>>>> alternatives seems sensible too.
>>>
>>> The default DDG version has more features than the HTML one, so I think
>>> that's what most people would prefer...
>>
>> Maybe one should not only configure a general search engine, but a
>> search engine depending on a context.  Sometimes you might want to use a
>> specialised search engine (e.g. hoogle when working on Haskell), and
>> that should be automatically detected as the default.  In the same way,
>> if EWW would be using a special "context" to designate that it wants a
>> JS-free search engine (HTML DuckDuckGo).
>
> This makes sense as well with e.g. webjump-context-search-engine.

I am not sure what you mean by webjump-context-search-engine.  Should it
be a separate command or a user option?

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic