Subject: bug#52973: Adding a few context-menu-mode commands

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 16:30:59 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> As the "default search engine" is a new option, changing the default to
>> HTML DuckDuckGo should be fine.  I personally use it as by default
>> search engine, but don't know how popular or unpopular it is.
>>
>> Adding the default DDG (and perhaps the lite version as well) as
>> alternatives seems sensible too.
>
> The default DDG version has more features than the HTML one, so I think
> that's what most people would prefer...

Maybe one should not only configure a general search engine, but a
search engine depending on a context.  Sometimes you might want to use a
specialised search engine (e.g. hoogle when working on Haskell), and
that should be automatically detected as the default.  In the same way,
if EWW would be using a special "context" to designate that it wants a
JS-free search engine (HTML DuckDuckGo).

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic