Subject: bug#52973: Adding a few context-menu-mode commands

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 14:33:18 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I am attaching a few patches adding a few features for
>> context-menu-mode, that I mentioned and explained here:
>> https://ruzkuku.com/texts/emacs-mouse.html.
>>
>> Would it be OK to add these to Emacs itself?
>
> These all look OK to me, so I've applied the patches to Emacs 29, and
> expanded the `type' of `context-menu-functions' to list them, so that
> people can add them more easily.

I think that "Add command to invoke a search engine" should be reverted,
because we replaced that with a few commands in webjump, that did not
rely on eww.

> The discussion then went on to whether there should be an infrastructure
> to make modes add more context functions automatically -- and I think
> there should be, but it's unclear what that mechanism would look like.
> In any case, it seems beyond the scope of this bug report, so I'm
> closing it, and a new report should be opened for discussion about the
> more general issue (or perhaps discussed on emacs-devel).

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic