Subject: bug#52973: Adding a few context-menu-mode commands

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 09:52:33 +0100

Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:

> I am attaching a few patches adding a few features for
> context-menu-mode, that I mentioned and explained here:
> https://ruzkuku.com/texts/emacs-mouse.html.
>
> Would it be OK to add these to Emacs itself?

These all look OK to me, so I've applied the patches to Emacs 29, and
expanded the `type' of `context-menu-functions' to list them, so that
people can add them more easily.

The discussion then went on to whether there should be an infrastructure
to make modes add more context functions automatically -- and I think
there should be, but it's unclear what that mechanism would look like.
In any case, it seems beyond the scope of this bug report, so I'm
closing it, and a new report should be opened for discussion about the
more general issue (or perhaps discussed on emacs-devel).

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no