Subject: bug#52973: Adding a few context-menu-mode commands

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 10:23:36 +0100

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Agreed, everyone can customize the contents of their context menus.
> But Eli wants to reject new functions only because they are not added
> to the menu by default.

I think both Eli and I were somewhat confused as to which parts of the
context menu stuff works out of the box and which needs customisation by
the user.  I don't think it'd be a good idea for all context menus to be
added to all modes, but they should be added to some modes, at least.
Probably.

>> But it seems to me like that context menu should work by default in
>> shell-script-modeish buffers -- I think pretty much everybody would like
>> to have it there.
>
> Actually, the context menu already works by default in all shell related modes.
> The problem is that adding the man-menu item by default will load man.el
> in every shell-script buffer.

Is it possible to postpone that loading until the user actually hits
mouse-3?  If so, I think it's fine for mouse-3 in these modes to load
man.el.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no